Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Couple Reviews and Possible Goals

Over the weekend some friends from back home came up for my old roomie's 25th Birthday bash. On Saturday night we went to Fabiolus Cafe on Sunset in Hollywood. Thumbs down! I had been to that place before but I did not get to dine there because I met up with some friends real quick and had to go somewhere. Well this time I had the linguine with the shrimp and asked to add capers to it. I think the capers made it actually better. Compared to a couple of my other friends' dishes which I did try mine was decent. One of my friends had gnocchi with a four cheese sauce, my guess for one of the cheeses was Gorgonzola. Why you ask?  Because that is all I could taste! Do not get me wrong I love Gorgonzola but I can not eat a bowl full of that stuff, trust me that is all it was! My other friend had their chicken Parmesan. Who knew that thing could be so BLAND! I was upset for them! The calamari was decent that we had for the appetizer, but I must say I probably will never show my face there again. Another thing that disappointed me was that I wanted fresh linguine and not the dry one. I was craving for some FRESH pasta! I still need to fulfill that craving! So like I said thumbs down and I do not recommend going back there.

That Sunday we went to one of my favorite brunch spots The Grub! Their French toast really is AMAZING and I completely suggest to order a side of their crack bacon to go along with it! For me it hits the spot for a little sweet and savory. Although, the bad side this time around for going there was the fact that my other friend found not one, not two, but THREE eggshells in here omelet! DISAPPOINTING! I am not going to lie, it does happen... small ones sure... maybe one... MAYBE two... but seriously THREE?! That makes me upset. What was wrong with the chef/cook that morning?! You can clearly see that stuff! Their Spicy Crab Artichoke dip has yet to let me down! I almost always order that when I go there. The spicy BBQ hits the spot. The tuna for me was ok, I did not quite taste the zestyness as much, probably because I was a little bit under the weather. So other than the eggshells it was pleasant as always, Betty, co-owner and season 2 of Top Chef contestant was pleasantly walking around and talking to someone. I really love it when the owner comes around and talks to their customers!

Tonight for dinner I went to Nordstrom's Cafe. I must say their Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich goes on my all time best/favorite chicken sandwich ever! The spices the flavors just all melt in my mouth. It is a definite must try! The bread is toasted to perfection! When my friend first suggested this place I was a little skeptical, because it is in a department store and I just did not know if it would make me want to come back. The first time I went I had a Greek inspired chicken sandwich was good, I would order it again! The second time was when I fell in love with the Santa Fe Sandwich. I just wanted to try something else. I tell you what though. That is the one thing I will go back for! I was craving it so we went tonight. Oh my goodness! Just was good as ever! Not bad for $10! It includes either chips or a salad. I usually get the salad with either the balsamic or the ginger sesame dressing. 

Alright, I have a couple of goals lined up for this blog. The first is for me to read this culinary books/novels and have one done every MONTH and write my thoughts on the book! So, for March I am giving myself TWO weeks to finish Kitchen Confidential! I have actually been reading it for a while and I have been putting it off finishing it! If I can get more done in a month than more power to myself! My second goal is to blog about someone, it does not matter who, but blog about someone or something who has caught my eye in this culinary/sports world of mine. I guess I should start some sort of video, or tips or something of the week or something along those lines to get this blog on the move.

Eat Well my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment