Sunday, June 13, 2010

M.I.A

So I know I have been M.I.A. Sue me I have been working two jobs and pulling doubles and just trying to live my life as best as I could. Oh yeah, I have also attempted to have some sort of social life along with my crazy work schedule. It is about to go back on track and I guess I had the sudden need to blog. Like I said I work two jobs now, I have been at Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel for almost two months as well, a cook. It has been an overwhelming sometimes good experience and very different. I am enjoying the journey and challenges in some twisted way. I am still at Michael's and I am currently working on some new desserts that I can hopefully post soon! :-D

Anyways last month was a great month for great eats! I guess I kinda celebrated my birthday that way. We ate at Mozza Pizzeria and I must say it was just as good as the first time I had it! If you are ever in the Los Angeles are it is definitely a must HAVE! Good luck getting reservations though! It is worth a try and at 11pm is the best time to go, I know its late but you have to have the Pizza! I had their coach goat cheese, scallions, bacon and garlic pizza. It was heaven! To start I had their bone marrow al forno... it is seriously my absolutely favorite appetizer there! For dessert I had my all time favorite Budini, I just love the sweet/savoriness to it! Yum! I am getting hungry thinking about it! :-D

I also tried Westside Tavern at the Westside Pavillion mall with a friend who was absolutely raving about. It was also one of the top ten best new restaurant to open in LA for Los Angeles Magazine. We started off with their special appetizer, Rock Shrimp Ceviche. I mean I know I can probably get it anywhere but I had a really bad craving for it. Let me tell you, it had the most perfect balance of flavors and you can taste everything in it. It was seasoned just right, had the right amount of acid, oh my mouth waters thinking about this one! Yum! Then we both had their Mary's Farm Chicken Breast served with Mushroom-Spinach Risotto and Crispy Onions! It is a must try if you ever go there! The skin of the chicken was nice and crispy and juicy oh man! I dream of good chicken like that! For dessert we had their doughnuts. I know, sounds crazy right?! But it was nice and fresh. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside served with chocolate sauce and their raspberry coulis. I personally like the raspberry coulis with the doughnuts myself, it was a perfect compliment. We also had their Mango Daquiri wish was really nice and refreshing with a kick!

Memorial Day weekend I went back home to San Diego and had some good times with friends at Las Hasdas in Downtown. Happy hour is from 10pm-Midnight every night. Go. Great margaritas the bar food is ok. It is a good place to lounge around and really hang out with friends.

I do not care what anyone says. Lakers all the way through it all! 

I bid thee good night for I pull what seems to be at the top of my vocabulary nowadays, a DOUBLE tomorrow! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment